FLO-MAR APARTMENTS COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Ensuring the Safety of Our Tenants is One of Flo-Mar’s Highest Priorities.
Lighting. All outside areas are well-lit, including parking areas, porches, and entrances.
Secure Doors. All rental unit door locks are changed when the unit turns over. All common areas, ie basement laundry / storage, require a key for entry. All exterior building doors lock automatically upon closing. Apartments have steel doors and deadbolt locks. Most apartments have their own entrances.
External Vendors and Repair People. External contractors do not have direct access to Flo-Mar properties and must be admitted by a Flo-Mar employee.
Prospective Tenants. All prospective tenants touring apartments are accompanied by a Flo-Mar employee at all times.
Steps Tenants Can Take to Maintain Security:
- Keep all doors and windows locked as a default, but especially when not in the apartment.
- Keep a light on when not at home. We encourage tenants to have a light on a timer if they will be away for an extended period of time.
- If you will be away, have mail and newspaper services suspended. Let your neighbors know so that they can keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
- Report all suspicious activity to the police immediately at 911. Then call the Flo-Mar office.
- Meet your neighbors. Get to know who belongs in your house / building.
- Report any issues with lighting immediately to the office or emergency number if after hours.
- Do not give strangers access to your building. Do not hold the door for anyone that you do not know. Rather, have the tenant that the person is visiting come down to greet them personally.